The N-LIST programme under Eshodh Sindhu operates through its Headquarter set-up at the INFLIBNET CENTRE, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
The NSC's of E-SodhSindhu: Consortium for Higher Education Electronic Resources in its t meeting would take decisions on policy issues under overall policy direction of National Mission on Education through ICT.
Major Functions and Responsibilities of the INFLIBNET Centre:
- establish proxy servers and associated authentication mechanism for colleges to enable them to access e-resources directly from publisher's site;
- provide fultext access to electronic resources subscribled for educational institutions through proxy servers after establishing authenticity of users;
- identify gaps in resources and infrastructure and make attempts to fill in those gaps so as to deliver effective and efficient services;
- generate alerting services from subscribed e-resources deploying technological tools for content delivery such as RSS feed, Atoms, Blogs etc.
- Setup computer laboratories consisting of 10-20 Internet -enabled PCs to facilitate walk-in users to access subscribed e-resources;
- impart awareness and training programmes for colleges and institutions; and
- collect and analyse usage statistics of e-resources and find trends of usage in different subject disciplines.